Tuesday, October 5, 2010

MckDrama

OK. So maybe this is completely a dead horse in the blogging world, but as this is my blog I shall beat that dead horse if I want.

I was on reading something on MckMama's community and people kept talking about MWOP. I had no clue what MWOP was so I googled it. And wow. Just wow. While I do find it lame that people go around looking up all of the inconsistencies and then care so much about it; I have to admit that I am a little disappointed in MckMama herself. Plagiarism? And not just on a post back in 2008 like she said, but on many, more recent posts. They do over-exaggerate a little, for example they showed a picture from another site of some little girls' feet and then a picture of small fry's feet and claimed that was plagiarism. It's not. As long as you push that shutter, even if you are taking a picture of the exact same thing as someone else, it's not considered plagiarism. Plagiarism would be taking that picture and removing the watermark and passing it off as her own. Ok, tangent over. But then I saw the thing about the house burning...not to the ground....

I feel like I've been manipulated. Mostly, I read the blog because of the beautiful photography. And of course, Photoshop tips are always awesome. But I'm in a class this year where I'm learning a lot about Photoshop and I've learned things that work way better than her tips.

I used to want to be an actress. And some days, I still want to be famous. So I can understand the attention whoreing behavior. In fact, I’ve done it myself more often than I’d care to admit.

So why am I reading anymore? I don't plan to become a regular at MWOP (or GWOP or DWOP) anytime soon because, well, I do pity these people. But I don't see the point in reading MckMama anymore. (Especially since I found out she was taking her poor children to Sarah Palin rallies. I'm sorry, but I think Sarah Palin is a twit.)

I’ve been disillusioned. And I’m trying to figure out how I feel about it. Am I angry? Am I outraged? Not really. Mostly I’m just disappointed that she’s not the person I thought she was. Which I then feel silly about, because I don’t really know her at all.

Oh and one tiny bit of attention whoring from me: I’ve set up a DeviantArt account for my photography. So if you’d like, you can go there and check it out. And then, if you really want to comment on my work but can’t since you don’t have a DA account, you can always comment here and tell me how fabulous you think I am. ;D

2 comments:

S.I.F. said...

For the record, Sarah Palin IS a twit! ;)

That's all I have to add though... ;)

Abby said...

lol. I feel like that's all that needs to be said. :D

Google Ads