Thursday, June 11, 2009

Aunt Abby



I'm gonna be an Aunt*! My best friend since kindergarten is having a baby. and the due date is right by my birthday. i am so very excited for her. she's the first of my friends to be expecting and i so look forward to spoiling that baby! and you know expereincing the pregnancy. well as much as i can from 3 states away. (which is fine for now cause of the morning sickness!) but i hope we are able to visit at some point before the baby and then after the baby is born. it blows my mind that there is a tiny person inside her. a tiny tiny thing that's no bigger than my thumbnail. it's strange wrapping my head around the fact that she's going to be a mom. i've known people who have had babies before obviously, but never someone this close to me. 

please keep her in your prayers that she has a smooth pregnancy and a healthy baby.

*not biologically or even by marriage, she's just my friend. i've always wanted tons of nieces and nephews but i only have one brother and he's only 14 so it had better be a while before i get any from him. 

3 comments:

Spencer said...

ummm...

"i've known people who have had babies before obviously, but never someone this close to me."

I'm pretty sure that your mom might be offended by that comment. I mean, you were INSIDE her. That's pretty much as close as you can get...

Abby said...

but i wasn't really aware, now was i?

and i was only 6 when she had alex.

so as an adult, she is the first person close to me to have a baby. :p

Spencer said...

yeah yeah. by the way, your widget is creepy. at least no one thinks you're pregnant this time.

Google Ads